Walnut Hills Family Campground offers family memories and experiences on your next camping near Detroit trip. Our campground rules are designed to create an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Are you planning a family reunion near Detroit? Our ‘short drive away from’ Detroit campground will make the perfect spot!
• Speed limit: 5 MPH strictly enforced. We have plenty of children but none to spare!
• Check-out time is 11:00am. Check-in is 2:00pm.
• Campers & visitors must register in office.
• Visitors are the responsibility of their host, must obey all guidelines and must leave the park by 10:30pm on weekends and 8:30pm on weekdays.
• Children: Parents or guardians are responsible for the actions and safety of their children. Bicycles should be at campsites by dusk. Children and teens should be at their campsite by 10:00pm.
• Quiet time is from 11:00pm to 8:00am. All radios and outside TV’s must be turned off at this time. No one is allowed to roam the campground during quiet hours. Courtesy to your neighbors is expected. No foul language, loud music/TV, or any abusive behavior is allowed at any time. Campers unwilling to cooperate will be asked to leave the park. No refunds will be given.
• Campfires are allowed in fire rings only. Please keep them reasonable and attended at all times.
• Motorcycles are permitted as transportation in and out of the park only. Minibikes, go carts, etc. are not allowed to be driven through the park.
• Garbage: Please do not leave garbage out at night. It encourages animals such as skunks and raccoons to be unregistered guests. We have provided dumpsters near the bathhouse to place your garbage bags in.
• Damage to any camp property will result in prosecution and immediate eviction without a refund.
• Firearms: fireworks, sling shots, guns, chain saws, etc, are not permitted.
• One picnic table is allotted per site. If you require another table, do not take a table from your neighbor’s site! Please come to the office and we will accommodate you if possible.
• Electric golf carts are permitted for seasonal campers and for short term campers for a fee. All carts must submit insurance documentation and sign the campground waiver documents. (Contact office for details).
• Rain Checks will not be given for inclement weather. Including, but not limited to; rain, snow, flooding, mud, cold weather, hot weather, or power outages.
• Swimming: children under 13 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Proper swim attire must be worn. Beach hours; 9am-9pm (or at sunset).
No Lifeguard on Duty! Swim at your own risk.
• Golf Carts: All golf carts must have proof of liability insurance.
For our guests with family pets, please keep your pets on a 6 foot leash or in your RV. Dog litter is to be cleaned up immediately, carry a bag and scooper when walking. Keep pets quiet. Pets are not to be left unattended. No pets in any campground building, beach or lake.
If your pet exhibits aggressive behavior you will be asked to remove it from the park.