Walnut Hills is your family campground near Detroit. We offer a variety of camping options including RV sites, camping cabins, and tent sites.
Rates displayed are for the 2022 season. Call us at (989)634-9782 for reservations at our campground near Detroit or book online through our reservation portal below.
RV Sites – 30 amp Electric/Water/Dump Station
- Nightly Rate – Rates start at $47/night and vary based on availability
- Holiday Surcharge – $5 per night
- Weekly Rates – 15% off the nightly rate (7 night minimum)
- Monthly Rates – 30% off the nightly rate (30 night minimum)
Our campground near Detroit offers sites that accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. Additional adults are $7 per night. Additional children (ages 3-17) are $5 per night. No charge for children under 3.
Primitive Sites (Tent Sites) – No Water or Electric
- Nightly Rate – $41
- Holiday Surcharge – $5 per night
- Weekly Rate – $246
- Monthly Rate – N/A
Sites accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. Additional adults are $7 per night. Additional children (ages 3-17) are $5 per night. No charge for children under 3.
Pavilion Rental – Water and Electric
- Pavilion 1 Daily Rate – $100
- Pavilion 2 Daily Rate – $100
Our family campground near Detroit offers a Pavilion Rental. A group of 15 or more sites has free use. 10 or more sites there is a 50% discount. Please call our office for the group discount rate.
Includes a double bed, twin bunk bed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, fire grill, dining table, chair, and air conditioner.
- Nightly Rate – $70
- Holiday Nightly Rate – $90
You must supply your own linens, and please clean your cabin after your stay. A $75 cleaning deposit will be charged at check in and is refunded at departure. No pets are allowed in the cabins, and they cannot be tied to a tree or left unattended. Please leave your pets at home! Thank you for your cooperation.
Wibit Water Park
- Hours: 11:30 to 6:30PM
- Thursday Rates:
- $17 for 1 hour
- $33 for a day pass
- Friday to Sunday Rates:
- $27 for 1 hour
- $39 for a day pass
- $4 discount on Friday and Sunday for campers
- Rates don’t include day use parking or beach fees
- Park issued life jackets required
- Open Thursday to Sunday and holiday weekend Mondays
- Saturday’s are restricted to campers only
Children under 7 yrs not allowed on the Wibit. Parental supervision required for children under 13. Swim at your own risk, no lifeguard on duty.
Day Use Visitors (non camper rates)
- Adult Beach Day Pass – $10 per day (includes parking)
- Child Beach Day Pass – $7 per day
- Seasonal Beach Pass – $300 per person
- Adult Park Visitor Day Pass (Non Beach Access) – $5 per day
- Child Visitor Day Pass (Non Beach Access) – $3 per day
- Daily Parking for Canoe Launch – $10
Beach and park access is good for one day. Beach access restricted to campers only on Saturdays and holiday weekend Sundays. Access ends at dusk or 9PM, whichever is earlier. Children under the age of 13 are required to be accompanied by an adult at all times. No rainchecks are given for day use.
- No refunds for early departure or inclement weather
- A fee of $10 or 10%, whichever is greater, is assessed for cancellations prior to 2 weeks.
- We require a 2 week cancellation. If cancelled within 2 weeks no refund will be given.
- No refunds are granted for no call/no shows
Really enjoyed our stay here. The lake was perfect for the kids and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you for a terrific couple of days, we will be back.
Loved camping here, we were there on their Halloween weekend, had lots of activities for all. Pumpkin painting, hay rides, and trick or treating. The campers decorated their own sites, some had “haunted campsite” walkthroughs. Was truly amazed at all the work these campers put in to decorating their sites. Will definitely go back again.